Design and make beautifully beaded jewelry with Tracey-Renee Hubbard, designer and founder of the vibrant accessories brand Scotchbonnet! She guides you through the process of developing a cohesive jewelry collection, beginning with the assembly of a mood board to find your aesthetic. Then, learn how to map out a beaded design on paper and prepare a Jewel Loom to weave your beads. Finally, Tracey-Renee demonstrates how to mount your beadwork to a brass cuff or barrette and show off your stylish new creation.Learn how to:
What you'll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:For the mood board:
- Foam board - Tracey-Renee uses one that is 24 x 18"
- Push pins
- Various images and materials that inspire you such as cut-out images and text from magazines, fabric swatches, paint swatches, souvenirs/ephemera, beads, natural elements
- For the beaded cuff:
- Size 11/0 seed beads in colors inspired by your mood board (Tracey-Renee uses black, white, orange, yellow, and purple)
- Colored pencils to match your seed beads
- Graph paper
- Brass cuff (1/2" width)
- Jewel Loom (comes with a needle)
- Wildfire beading thread .006 inches - Tracey-Renee uses black but you can choose a color to complement your palette
- Gorilla Super Glue Gel
- Craft sticks or popsicle sticks
- Tape measure
- Bead scoop (optional)
- Chain-nose pliers (optional)
- Non-slip surface like a piece of felt to pour out beads (optional)
- Make a beaded cuff with a Jewel Loom
- Create a mood board to guide a cohesive jewelry collection
- Design a beaded pattern with graph paper
- Thread a bead loom and weave in beads
- Mount a beaded project to a bracelet or barette
What you'll get:
- Instructions on how to use a Jewel Loom to make beaded jewelry
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Tracey Renee-Hubbard of Scotchbonnet!
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
View More Comments
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
108 users recommended this class to a friend
AMAZING!!! I want to make purse straps. Do you have any lessons how to do that? You are such a great teacher!!!!!!!!!
1 day ago
Easy to follow instructions. Thank you for sharing your creativity with bead looming.
4 days ago
I had no idea how bead looming worked and this was a very good introduction.
September 23, 2022