Whenever we use the words “we” or “us” or “Creativebug,” we are referring to Creativebug, LLC (doing business as Creativebug™), and to our affiliates and parent companies, including Jo-Ann Stores, LLC. Whenever we use the words “our web site,” we are referring to our applications and to http://www.creativebug.com.
- How We Collect Personal Information
- How We Use Personal Information
- Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- Social Network Widgets
- Testimonials and Affiliate Program
- How You Can Stop Receiving Communications
- Information From Children Under 13
- Links to Other Web Sites
- Account Password
- How to Access or Correct Personal Information or Opt Out of Marketing and Advertising
“De-identified Information” means information that is no longer associated with you, or linked to your Personal Information (as defined below). De-identified Information does not reference the identities of individual persons.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that a web site, including our web site, sends to your computer or to your mobile device while you are viewing a web site. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are placed onto your computer’s hard drive. Cookies identify your computer so that we can recognize you the next time you visit us. Cookies help us remember your preferences and collect technical information about your use of the Services. We use both session Cookies (which expire after you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personalized and interactive experience on our web site. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser help file directions. If you choose to disable Cookies, some areas of our web site may not work properly.
An “Internet protocol address” or “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. In some cases, your IP Address stays the same from browser session to browser session, but if you use a consumer internet service provider, your IP Address probably varies from session to session. We track IP Addresses in conjunction with session Cookies to analyze our web page traffic flow and also to identify the location of the computer.
“Offerings” means our Products and Services.
“Personal Information” is information about you that is linked to you as an individual, such as your name, postal address, email address, phone number, credit card number and expiration date, account username and log-in password to our web site. Personal Information excludes technical information such as unique device identifiers, randomly assigned unique identifiers in cookies, mobile device name, and IP addresses.
As detailed below, we and our business partners obtain and keep Personal Information when you send us an email, order or purchase Offerings on our web site, enroll in a class, sign up for a program, or communicate with us.
“Products” means any tangible products available on our web site.
“Services” means the various services available on our web site, including the streaming and playing of classes, downloading of videos, and other audio visual services.
Our web site is maintained and hosted in the United States, and by submitting your Personal Information to us, either through our web site, or by other means, you are agreeing to the collection and storage in the United States of your Personal Information.
3. How We Collect Personal Information
The Personal Information that we gather from you helps us learn about our customers and our potential customers. We use this Personal Information to better tailor the features, performance and support of our Offerings and web site, and to offer you additional information, if you have consented to receive it.
We (or our business partners, on our behalf) collect and keep Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily to our web site, through our applications, by purchasing Offerings or when enrolling in classes, or through third party websites or emails, in the following ways:
- When you register and set up an account on our web site, we collect your name, postal address (shipping address and billing address), telephone number(s), your account username, password, email address, and credit card information (number, type of card [Visa, MasterCard, etc.] and expiration date).
- When you create an account on our website, without registering, we collect your name and email address.
- If you sign up for SMS / text, we will collect your mobile telephone number.
- When you order or purchase an Offering, we collect your name, email address, postal address (shipping address and billing address), telephone number(s), and credit card information (number, type of card [Visa, MasterCard, etc.] and expiration date), which may be shared with a third-party payment service.
- We collect additional information such as your location, demographics, preferences and interests.
- We keep a record of your purchases on our web site and the classes you have watched.
- When you sign up to receive emails, we collect your email address and your postal address. We also ask for information, such as hobbies and interests, to provide you with relevant offers.
- When you order or purchase Offerings on our web site for delivery to other people, we collect your name, the recipient’s name, your email address, the recipient’s email address, your personalized email message to the recipient, your billing address, the recipient’s postal (shipping) address, your telephone number(s), the recipient’s telephone number(s), and your credit card information (number, type of card [Visa, MasterCard, etc.] and expiration date), which may be shared with a third-party payment service.
- When you contact us by email, we collect your name, email address, and any other information contained in the email(s) that you send us.
- When you enter a sweepstakes, we collect your name, postal address, country, email address and any other information required to enter the sweepstakes.
- When we receive Personal Information about you from other sources, we will add this information to the information that we have already collected from you.
- When you call, email or chat with our customer service, we may collect all or some of the following: name, email address, postal address (shipping address and billing address), telephone number(s), credit card information (number, type of card [Visa, MasterCard, etc.] and expiration date, order number, merchandise to be purchased, other information that you provide during the interaction.
On our web site, we (or our business partners, on our behalf) also collect other information from you automatically, through the use of technology, without you taking steps to submit that information, whenever you use our website for any purpose (shopping, submitting a request to customer service, researching projects and Offerings, etc.), in the following ways:
- As you navigate our web site, we collect information including your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, operating system, other device identification information, and navigational and clickstream data that shows what pages are visited and how long various features are used.
- We also engage third parties to monitor the usage of the Offerings and our web site.
- When you access our web site from mobile devices (such as smart phones or tablets), we collect information including access times, the operating system, the products for which you searched and viewed, and the other resources on our web site that you used or visited.
- We may use and associate historical data with a computer or device as part of our efforts to prevent fraud, credit card fraud, or other illegal activity.
4. How We Use Personal Information
- to establish user accounts;
- to provide the Offerings, including supporting and completing the transactions or other requested activity;
- to communicate with you regarding your subscription or account;
- to provide you with information you have requested, news and updates, and information about Offerings;
- to customize and personalize content to you;
- to administer and run our web site;
- to help identify you if you lose your password and to help you find information on our web site;
- to facilitate payment to us and refunds that may be issued by us;
- to send commercial email and marketing messages to you; and
- to comply with legal requirements.
Personal Information that we collect from a particular browser or device, including a mobile device, may be used with another computer or device that we have linked to the original browser or device, including a mobile device, on which such Personal Information was collected.
We may create De-identified Information from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this De-identified Information to analyze request patterns and usage patterns so that we may enhance our products and services. As this De-identified Information does not identify you, we use and disclose De-identified Information to third parties at our discretion.
5. Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We share your personal information with our affiliates, partners and third-party independent contractors (unaffiliated service providers), for purposes that include: (1) hosting our web site; (2) approving and enabling your use of our web site and use and purchase of our Offerings, and performing other functions on our behalf; (3) providing you with Offerings, including the streaming, playing, and downloading of Services (including classes); (4) retaining your viewing history, including where a viewing session started and stopped, and classes which you enrolled in and videos that you viewed; and (5) tracking information generated through and on the web site, including the web pages and Offerings that are visited, browsed, purchased, downloaded and viewed. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Information in the United States with our third party independent contractors.
Our partners and third-party independent contractors are bound under contract not to use or share your personal information for unauthorized purposes.
We generally restrict access to Personal Information to our employees and agents with a need to know in order to perform their respective duties. Our “agents” include third-party independent contractors.
To provide offers that are of interest to you, we may allow other companies to place advertisements and other technology on our web site. As a result of your visit to our web site, advertisement server companies may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address, and clickstream information.
We may also use and disclose Personal Information for fraud detection and prevention. Personal Information and device identification information may be combined with information from other sources and used by us, or by a third party retained by us, to help detect and prevent fraud, credit card fraud, or other illegal or illegitimate activity. All or part of your Personal Information or device identification information may be kept by us or kept by the third parties involved in fraud detection, and used in future fraud prevention efforts. Information that is believed to be fraudulent may be shared with other retailers, banks, and law enforcement to help prevent illegal activity.
We use “interest-based” advertisements, also known as “online behavioral advertising.” Online behavioral advertising is advertising that is directed to you based, at least in part, on your Internet browsing behavior. We may share Personal Information with the third parties that conduct advertising campaigns for us. Third parties and their affiliates collect certain information as a result of their “tags” being on our website. The information that they collect includes the name (URL) of the web pages you view while on our site, your IP address, time of visit, information about your browser software, information about your device, and randomly-assigned identifiers stored in Cookies, which they use to target and serve advertising to you. We will use all this information to serve advertising to you.
In connection with online behavioral advertising, some third parties involved in advertising operations may maintain their own proprietary consumer databases that allow them to personally identify or track website visitors. Other third parties have proprietary technologies to determine what additional devices you may use, and they may then display advertisements on those additional devices.
Do-Not-Track is a public-private initiative that has developed a “flag” or signal that an internet user may activate in the user’s browser software to notify websites that the user does not wish to be “tracked” by third parties as defined by the initiative. For more information, visit http://www.w3.org/. As explained below, some web sites, including our web site, will ignore a “do-not-track” signal.
You can make decisions about your privacy and the ads you receive. You can control whether companies serve you on-line behavioral advertising by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance website and using its opt-out: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. The DAA opt-out requires that cookies not be blocked in your browser. As explained in section 11, we do not represent or warrant that the actions taken on other web sites will be effective.
For mobile devices and applications, you can visit the following website to opt-out of behavioral advertising: http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. As explained in section 11, we do not represent or warrant that the actions taken on other web sites will be effective.
As an alternative to the DAA opt-out, you can also elect to block all Cookies from first parties (such as those from our website) and Cookies from third parties (such as advertisers) by using the cookie blocking options built into your browser software. If you block Cookies, some parts of our website may not function correctly. We do not represent or warrant that these actions will be effective to accomplish their purpose.
We may use a third party service provider to manage our web site review system. When you submit product reviews on our website, our third party service provider may place Cookies on your browser and offer advertising to you. For more information on how this provider uses your information, please visit this link: http://go.bazaarvoice.com/848PGD1740001EG001ipQ00
7. Social Network Widgets
8. Testimonials and Affiliate Program
We may post your testimonial on our web site along with your name. If you want your testimonial removed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you participate in our Affiliate Program, we will collect your name, website name, website URL, email address and affiliate program payment preferences (including bank account number and routing number, bank account name, PayPal account email address, billing address and other financial information). We use this information to enable your participation in the Affiliate Program and to make payments related to it.
9. How You Can Stop Receiving Communications
When you receive advertisements, direct mail, and other promotional communications from us, including email, you will have the opportunity to opt-out by following the “unsubscribe“ instructions in the email you receive, or by contacting us directly. If you have submitted your email address to “unsubscribe,” please note that you may continue to receive emails for a time while our system updates your request. You also may use the “Contact Us” page on our website.
10. Information from Children Under 13
We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors to our web site who are under the age of 13. If you learn that your child under age 13 has provided our web site with his/her Personal Information, please contact us and we will attempt to disable that information.
11. Links to Other Web Sites
Our web site has implemented electronic means of protecting your Personal Information. Even though we have taken steps to prevent your Personal Information from being accessed, used, or disclosed by unauthorized persons, you should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
13. Account Password
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. Do not share it with others. Creativebug will not ask you for your password. If you need a new user name or password, we may require you to follow certain security procedures (such as providing us with certain Personal Information or correctly answering security questions). If satisfied with your answers, we will generate a new user name and password automatically through our computers and send it to your email. You may never use another’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account. You agree to notify Creativebug immediately of any suspected or known breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Although Creativebug will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of Creativebug or others due to such unauthorized use.
c/o Jo-Ann Stores, LLC
Attn: Senior Legal Counsel
5555 Darrow Road
Hudson, OH 44236
Email to: email@example.com
15. How to Access or Correct Personal Information, or Opt Out from Marketing and Advertising
If you would like to modify your personal information on our database, please log onto your account by clicking the “Login” link on the website. Registered users may modify their privacy settings, and may correct, modify and update their personal information at any time by logging into their account and making their desired changes. Registered users may also “un-register” or ask that your information be deleted, in which case we will remove you from our list of registered users, but we reserve the right to retain personal information for legal obligations and until we determine there is no potential need for it. We also retain personal information to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use. In addition, it may not be technologically possible or feasible to remove each record of the information you have provided to us. A copy of your personal information may exist in a non-erasable format that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Information may also persist in backup copies.
Where you use the social networking and online features of our web site to share information (such as submitting comments or questions, posting photos or other materials, or submitting an entry to a contest or poll), it may not be possible or practical for us to remove the communications and materials and any associated personal information, and those communications, materials, and information may persist, including on third-party computers and other media.
A request for access, correction or opt-out must be made in writing to the address provided in Section 14.
This policy was revised in October 2024.