Intermediate | 35 min 58 sec
Edie Eckman provides a perfect primer for mitered knitting, showing you how to creatively combine picked up stitches and decreases to create connected squares. You will learn how to work two different decreases and cast-ons to create two very different Garter stitch designs. At the end, you’ll seam together the front and back using Mattress stitch in order to create your pillowcase sampler.
Learn how to:
- Start squares using long tail cast-on and purl cable cast-on
- Work squares using k3tog and s2kp
- Seam Garter stitch fabric with Mattress stitch
- Detailed lesson on mitered knitting and instructions for making a pillow
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and a downloadable PDF pillow pattern ($8 value)
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Edie Eckman
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted (85% wool/15% mohair, 4 oz/113 g, 190 yd/173 m), 2 skeins A: M-140 Aran; 1 skein each B: M-149 Hawaiian Teal, C: M-110 Orange You Glad, D: M-157 Orchid Blush, E: M-155 Lemon Drop
- US size 8 [5 mm] knitting needles
- Removable stitch marker
- 14" pillow form
- Tapestry needle
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.