Intermediate | 42 min 29 sec
This stash-busting class will inspire you to use your imagination when selecting yarn colors and embrace surprises when doing colorwork. Brandon Mably shows you how to make a “magic ball” by tying together lengths of light and dark yarn into a multi-colored ball. Brandon demonstrates how the yarn ball works up and shares his innovative Fair Isle technique in which he weaves in loose ends as he works. This class results in a swatch, but you can apply this technique to any of your knitting projects.
Learn how to:
- Create your own variegated yarn ball
- Work basic fair isle knitting
- Broaden your color horizons
- A detailed lesson on how to make a “magic ball” using different colors
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Cal Patch
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- Leftover yarn in colors you love (weight and length don't matter)
- Persian Poppy pattern (pdf download)
- Circular needles to fit the gauge of your yarn
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.