Beginner | 31 min
Combine hundreds of yards of finger-knit chains to create a plush, one-of-a-kind cotton rug -- no knitting needles required!. Anne Weil teaches you the basics of finger knitting, then shows you how to make your very own weaving loom out of simple craft materials. You will learn how to weave your finger-knit chains to make a gorgeous, striped design and finish the rug with decorative tassels. Finger knitting is a fun activity for all ages and a great way to introduce newbies to knitting. Get the whole family involved in the project and you'll have a finished rug in no time!
Learn how to:
- Create finger-knit chains
- Make your own loom and shuttle
- Weave finger knitting chains
- Change colors to create stripes
- Join yarn lengths
- Finish rug and add tassels
- Detailed lesson on how to finger knit chains and weave them together to make a plush rug
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Anne Weil
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 5 skeins Blue Sky Alpaca Worsted Cotton (100g/3.5oz; 150 yards/137m); Anne uses 2 skeins Indigo and 3 skeins Drift (NOTE: If using a different yarn, you will need 300 yards of each color in yarn color of choice, plus 50 additional yards for tassels)
- 20” x 32” piece of sturdy mat board
- 2 pieces of scrap paperboard or cardboard, approximately 12” x 1½”
- 50 yards of 12-ply cotton twine or 12-strand hemp yarn
- Hole punch
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.