Intermediate | 37 min 41 sec
Create precise shapes when you learn the English Paper Piecing quilting technique, where fabric is wrapped around paper pieces. The design possibilities are endless because the shapes align beautifully. Liza shows you how to piece a hexagon shape, but the same principles apply when you work with diamonds and other shapes. She’ll show you how to choose your materials and tools, create the hexagons, and then appliqué them onto tea towels.Learn how to:
What you’ll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- Precut piecing paper (in your desired size and shape)
- Fabric of your choice
- Size 9 and Size 11 straw needles
- Heavy and fine thread
- Temporary fabric glue stick
- Rotary cutter and cutting mat
- Plastic quilting ruler
- Mary Ellen's Best Press (optional)
- Blank tea towels or other items you want to embellish
- Use three ways to baste your fabric
- Use paper piecing templates
- Ues pattern and layout ideas
What you’ll get:
- A detailed lesson on how to work English paper piecing
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Itemized supply list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Liza Lucy
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
English Paper Piecing Reviews
601 users recommended this class to a friend
Thanks so much, it was an excellent explanation of every step, with close up videos when needed. I feel confident to give English Paper Piercing ago. I hope to find more videos by Liza Lucy who I thought to be a fantastic teacher.
The teacher was excellent. She explained things very simply and clearly, and gave many options for different styles of basting and sewing. I’m interested in piecing other shapes besides hexagons, and I learned I can apply this knowledge to other shapes. Thank you!
August 10, 2023
I really enjoyed your class. I have done a bit of it in the past, but just guessed at how it was done. I love to do hand work, so this is something I want to do. Thank you so much for your class. You have sent me onto another thing to enjoy in my retirement.
More than 3 months ago