Intermediate | 37 min
Create precise shapes when you learn the English Paper Piecing quilting technique, where fabric is wrapped around paper pieces. The design possibilities are endless because the shapes align beautifully. Liza shows you how to piece a hexagon shape, but the same principles apply when you work with diamonds and other shapes. She’ll show you how to choose your materials and tools, create the hexagons, and then appliqué them onto tea towels.
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- Precut piecing paper (in your desired size and shape)
- Fabric of your choice
- Size 9 and Size 11 straw needles
- Heavy and fine thread
- Temporary fabric glue stick
- Rotary cutter and cutting mat
- Plastic quilting ruler
- Mary Ellen's Best Press (optional)
- Blank tea towels or other items you want to embellish
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.