Intermediate | 24 min
If you’re new to knitting, baby projects are a great place to start. Not only are they small and quick to knit, but with just a few techniques, you can create a beautiful, cuddly heirloom. In this class, Maggie shows knitters how to make a simple striped baby blanket. She walks new knitters through all of the basics, including casting on, knitting and purling, and binding off. Once you weave in the tails at the very end, your baby blanket is ready for snuggles!
Learn how to:
- Cast on and bind off
- How to Knit and Purl
- Garter Stitch
- Stockinette Stitch
- How to change colors
- An easy-to-follow class on knitting a baby blanket
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Downloadable PDF pattern included - $8 value
- Step-by-step instruction by expert instructor and designer Maggie Pace
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- 16” or 24”-long circular needles size US 10½ (use circulars instead of straight needles to accommodate the large number of cast on stitches)
- 4 balls Rowan All Seasons Chunky in Foam
- 5 balls Rowan All Seasons Chunky in Pebble
- 1 ball Rowan Softknit Cotton in Tea Rose
- Yarn needle
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.