Intermediate | 33 min
Using pretty wallpaper of your choice and just a few special lamp-making supplies, Amanda Brown of Spruce Upholstery teaches you how to make a high-style custom lampshade. She shares expert tips and tricks for snuggly wrapping the paper around the lampshade rings and finishing the edges of the shade with velvet trim for an extra luxe effect. Made up in a metallic print wallpaper, it pairs perfectly with a vintage lamp base.
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- 12" diameter washer top ring and bottom ring
- 4' sticky back pressure sensitive styrene
- Plastic 12" ruler
- Metal square ruler
- Painter's tape
- Sheet of wallpaper at least 40" wide x 12" tall
- Weights (can of beans will do)
- 40 small bulldog clips
- Paper tape
- Bowl with water
- White craft glue
- Small paint brush
- 3 yds ribbon trim in a color that coordinates with your wallpaper
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.