Beginner | 16 min
Got a long, tall kid or a more petite one you sew for? If the little ones in your life don’t measure exactly to pre-determined specifications on a pattern, it can be hard to figure out how to add or remove length while maintaining a garment’s proportions. Liesl will explain how to lengthen or shorten patterns for different types of garments.
Learn how to:
- Lengthening a skirt, dress or pants pattern
- Shortening a skirt, dress or pants pattern
- Knowing where to adjust pattern
- An easy-to-follow lesson on how to lengthen and shorten patterns.
- HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Itemized supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert sewer Liesl Gibson
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Tools:
- measuring tape
- pattern you want to adjust
- tracing paper or other paper if lengthening
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.