Beginner | 29 min
Learn how to make a whole gang of farm animal finger puppets with Alison of Kata Golda. Templates are included to make a dog, cat, pig, chick, and bunny, and each finger puppet is made the same way – with two pieces of felt and a few simple stitches. But the cute hand-stitched faces and little details are what give each farm animal their distinctive traits. Alison shares tips for free-hand stitching the features, and demonstrates how to sew the front to the back with blanket stitch.
What you’ll get:
Learn how to:
- Work with wool felt
- Work the Satin stitch, blanket stitch, whipstitch and running stitch
- Draw faces with stitches
What you’ll get:
- Easy-to-follow class by designer and author expert instructor Kata Golda, on how to make finger puppets
- 4 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Step-by-step instruction and downloadable PDF pattern included
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- 100% Wool Felt - For smaller puppets you will need two 2 ½” x 3 1/2” pieces per animal; For larger puppets you will need two 4” x 6” pieces per animal (Pig - light pink and peach; Chick - yellow and light yellow plus scrap of red; dog - dark brown tan plus scrap of red; rabbit - oatmeal and white; cat - orange and oatmeal)
- Embroidery floss in a variety of colors
- Tracing paper
- Hand sewing needle (size 5 sharps)
- Paper scissors
- Fabric scissors
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.