Beginner | 1 hour
Anna Maria Horner ushers in a new era of modern needlepoint in this foundational course. Anna gets you started with the basic stitches, then shows how to fill in your sampler with decorative geometric and floral stitches. You’ll learn how to customize your layout, adapting stitches to fill space and introducing new colors along the way. In the end, you'll have the skills to create and compose any needlepoint project.
What you’ll get:
Learn how to:
- Prepare a canvas for handwork
- Work various stitches including the tent stitch, byzantine stitch, leaf stitch, wicker stitch, Milanese pinwheel and diamond eyelet stitch
- Fill in space in a needlepoint composition
- Compose stitched elements
- Change color and end threads
What you’ll get:
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Anna Maria Horner on how to create a needlepoint sampler.
- 9 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Needlepoint mesh or needlepoint canvas (13 count), at least 12” x 12”
- 4 ply Anchor Tapestry Wool skeins. Anna suggests the following palette:
- 5 floral tones (8458, 8486, 8452, 8212, 9282)
- A very dark and a very light shade (9798, 9252),
- 2 neutral colors (9792,9788)
- 3 natural leaf and stem colors (9494, 8986, 8990)
- Thread snips
- Tapestry needle size 22 (or size needed for your thread)
- Masking tape
- Measuring tape
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.