Beginner | 6 min
Learn how to turn a basic cork panel into a colorful, decorative bulletin board in a snap. Courtney Cerruti shows you how to paint a color-blocked design on cork and add a colorful rope hanger. She then shows you how to spruce up your pushpins by attaching colorful pompoms and paper flowers with hot glue. Hang your finished corkboard in your kitchen or bedroom – it’s perfect for displaying your favorite photos and inspirational imagery.
Learn how to:
- Use artist tape to create color-blocked painted sections on your bulletin board
- Create decorative pushpins
- Add cording to hang your bulletin board
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Courtney Cerruti on DIY room decor
- A quick video lesson you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and downloadable PDF included
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Corkboard panel or bulletin board (with or without a frame)
- Acrylic craft paint (Courtney uses FolkArt paint in Metallic Gold)
- Artist tape
- Hot glue gun
- 1 yard ribbon or cording to hang bulletin board
- Foam brush
- Small embellishments for attaching to pushpins (Courtney uses pompoms and pre-cut paper flower shapes)
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.