Beginner | 11 min
Learn how to transform painted cotton fabric into bold, abstract wall décor. Using expressive brush strokes in a color palette of your choice, Courtney Cerruti shows you how to paint abstractly on fabric, then “frame” your painted fabric in embroidery hoops. The finished pieces are lightweight and super easy to hang – perfect for sprucing up a bedroom or making any space your own.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 yards lightweight white cotton fabric
- Spray bottle
- Acrylic craft paints in a colors of your choice (Courtney uses FolkArt paints in teal blues, purples, red and pink)
- Jar of water
- Embroidery hoops in a variety of sizes (Courtney uses 4”; 6”; 8”; and 10” hoops)
- Painting pallete
- 2” – 3”-wide coarse-bristled paintbrushes
- Foam brush
- Utility knife
- Kraft paper or other scrap material to protect your work surface
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.