Intermediate | 12 min 10 sec
Love needlepoint? Want to follow your own creative vision rather than stitch a printed needlepoint canvas? Anna Maria Horner teaches you how to design your own! Starting with an artwork reference of your choice, you’ll learn how match your tapestry wool and paint colors to your artwork. Anna Maria then shows you how to trace and paint the design onto your needlepoint canvas, creating your very own custom needlepoint kit.
Want to learn how to needlepoint? Watch Anna Maria’s class on Creativebug.Learn how to:
What you’ll get:
Want to learn how to needlepoint? Watch Anna Maria’s class on Creativebug.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Reference artwork image, enlarged to fit the canvas size of your choice
- 4 ply Anchor Tapestry Wool skeins in colors to match reference artwork
- Acrylic paint to match wool colors
- Unprinted needlepoint canvas or mesh (Anna uses 12-point mesh)
- Paintbrushes in several sizes
- Palette or paper plate
- Paper towels
- Wax paper
- Masking tape
- Design and trace your image onto canvas mesh
- Paint canvas mesh with corresponding colors
- Tape off and label canvas to complete tapestry kit
What you’ll get:
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Anna Maria Horner on how to design your own needlepoint sampler.
- 3 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Design Your Own Needlepoint Canvas Reviews
495 users recommended this class to a friend
Great details. Wanted to start making my own painted canvases, so this is very helpful. Buying painted canvases gets expensive
November 23, 2023
Great! Very clear instructions. I have always wanted to design my own needlepoint. Now I will!
More than 3 months ago