Intermediate | 43 min
Mosaic knitting is a slip-stitch pattern that allows you to work interesting and complex-looking geometric designs using only one color per row. While it can seem tricky to understand, once you get the basics, you can do any mosaic pattern under the sun. Edie Eckman will teach how to read mosaic-knitting charts, demonstrating four different stitch patterns on swatches. After you take this class, you'll be ready to make placemats (PDF pattern included) or any other mosaic project you choose.
Learn how to:
- Follow mosaic chart patterns (Edie demonstrates Little Squares, Fretted Band, Lattice, and Jerusalem Cross)
- Reverse dark and light stitches
- Refer to your previous stitches to anticipate patterns
- Detailed lesson on mosaic knitting and instructions for making a placement
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and downloadable PDF placemat pattern ($8 value)
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Edie Eckman
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Edie demonstrates the techniques in the class with a worsted weight yarn.
- Cascade Yarns Ultra Pima (100% pima cotton, 3.5 oz/100 g, 220 yd/200 m), 1 skein each of 2 colors for each placemat. Colors should be highly contrasting in order to see the pattern. Each placemat takes just over 1/2 skein of each color, so you should be able to get 3 placemats from 2 skeins of each color. Colors shown are: (A) 3719 Buff, (B) 3735 Jade, (C) 3745 Bright Olive
- PDF Pattern Download
- US size 6 [4 mm] knitting needles
- Tapestry needle
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.