Beginner | 11 min 26 sec
Custom-made binding tape adds a gorgeous finishing touch to your quilts, allowing you to play around with colors and prints. Binding tape is typically used to bind quilts and can be made with fabric that has been cut on the straight of grain. Ashley Nickels demonstrates how to create your own binding tape using any fabric you like and sew the strips together to create one long strip to go all around your quilt. Watch Ashley's class on attaching binding tape to find out how to sew it to your quilt.
Learn how to:
- Create your own binding tape
- Create a stirp long enough for your project
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Ashley Nickels on how make binding tape
- A quick video lesson you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 1/4in wide strips fabric of choice
- long enough to add up to total perimeter + 10in extra
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting mat with 45-degree angle
- Iron and ironing surface
- Sewing machine with 1/4in foot
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.