Beginner | 5 min 43 sec
Custom-made binding tape adds a gorgeous finishing touch to your quilts, allowing you to play around with colors and prints. Binding tape is typically used to bind quilts and can be made with fabric that has been cut on the straight of grain. Ashley Nickels demonstrates how to create your own binding tape using any fabric you like and sew the strips together to create one long strip to go all around your quilt. Watch Ashley's class on attaching binding tape to find out how to sew it to your quilt.Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 1/4in wide strips fabric of choice
- long enough to add up to total perimeter + 10in extra
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting mat with 45-degree angle
- Iron and ironing surface
- Sewing machine with 1/4in foot
- Create your own binding tape
- Create a stirp long enough for your project
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Ashley Nickels on how make binding tape
- A quick video lesson you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
433 users recommended this class to a friend
Well explained, upbeat, positive, friendly, relaxed, inspirational!!!
December 14, 2022
I would have liked one more chapter with Ashley showing us how to attach the binding.
More than 3 months ago