All levels | 13 min 19 sec
Quilting designer Ashley Nickels demonstrates the traditional method for attaching binding tape to a quilt — a fundamental technique every quilter needs to know. Step by step, you will learn how to pin the binding to the quilt sandwich, attach it using the walking foot on your sewing machine, create mitered corners, join the ends of the binding, and finish with a hand-sewn blind stitch. Watch Ashley's How to Make Binding Tape class for a quick lesson on how to make your binding strips and sew them together.Learn how to:
- Attach binding tape to a quilt
- Pin the binding to the quilt sandwich
- Attach it using the walking foot on your sewing machine
- Create mitered corners
- Join the ends of the binding
- Finish with a hand-sewn blind stitch
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Ashley Nickels on how to attach binding tape
- A quick video lesson you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
532 users recommended this class to a friend
Thank you for explaining this to me! I have my first cheater quilt ready to put together and I've been waiting because I'm not quite sure how I want to approach it. Now I know! Thank you, Penny.
April 6, 2023
Excellent! Makes a daunting task look quite simple. I’m inspired to try!
March 7, 2023
Ashley gave such good instructions. I liked seeing a different way to machine sew the end of the binding closed. Very helpful tutorial!
More than 3 months ago