Intermediate | 40 min
Learn how to make cute and cozy Fair Isle mittens with knitting teacher extraordinaire, Edie Eckman. With this timeless, wintry design, you have the option to make standard mittens or a shorter, fingerless mitt version. The Fair Isle knitting is the same on both versions, making it easy to customize. This is a great introduction to stranded knitting and chart reading, ideal for intermediate knitters.
Learn how to:
- Make a mitten or fingerless mitt
- Do a long-tail cast on without a slip knot
- Work in the round on double-pointed needles or using magic loop method
- Follow a chart
- Work stranded knitting holding yarn in two hands
- Work a thumb gusset
- Detailed lesson on how to make fair isle mitts and mittens
- 4 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and downloadable PDF pattern ($8 value)
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Edie Eckman
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Universal Yarn Deluxe Worsted, 100% wool (3.5 oz/100 g, 220 yds/200m), 1 skein each #91868 Vivid Blue (A) and #12270 Natural (B) - (or use #4 worsted weight yarn of your choice)
- Set of 4 or 5 US size 7 [4.5 mm] double-pointed knitting needles (or one 40" [100 cm] or longer circular for magic loop method) or size needed to obtain gauge
- 2 stitch markers
- Waste yarn for stitch holder
- Yarn needle
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.