Intermediate | 42 min
In this technique-intensive class, knitting master Lynne Barr demystifies the art of double knitting. She begins by explaining what double knitting is and the fundamentals of how it is worked, and then she demonstrates how to read a double knitting chart to create multicolored reversible pieces that have different designs on the front and back. She also provides a valuable lesson on how to create your own double knitting charts using any stitch patterns you please. To put the lesson into practice, she shares instructions for knitting an adorable double knit cowl in the round with a striped design on one side and dots on the other. To give the cowl lovely rounded edges, she works a tubular cast on and bind off—both very handy techniques to know for your future double-knitting projects.
What you’ll get:
Learn how to:
- Do a tubular cast-on
- Double Knit
- Do a tubular bind-off
What you’ll get:
- A detailed class on how to make a reversible double knitted cowl
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Itemized supply list
- Downloadable PDF pattern included - $8 value
- Step-by-step instruction by expert instructor and designer Lynn Barr
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- 1 skein of Puffin for MC (main color) from Quince & Co.
- 1 skein of Puffin for CC (contrasting color) from Quince & Co. (Puffin is a chunky/bulky weight yarn that is 112 yd/3.5 oz [102 m/100g].)
- 1 16-inch length Circular Needle size US 13
- 1 Blunt tip tapestry needle
- Double-knit chart (pattern PDF)
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.