Advanced | 1 hour
For everyone who wants to learn or improve free motion quilting at home, this workshop is for you. Free motion quilting gives you total control over the direction and stitch length of your quilting, which Sue shows you how to achieve. From machine settings to threads, tools and tips – Sue walks through the basics of free motion techniques, from stippling through cabling and feathers so you will be set up to create any number of designs on your quilt.
Learn how to:
- Preparing sewing machine for free-motion quilting
- Securing starts and stops as well as controlling tension and stitch length
- Free-motion techniques: Stippling, cables and feathers
- Quilting around appliques
- An easy-to-follow lesson on advance machine quilting
- 8 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Downloadable PDF pattern included - $16 value
- Step-by-step expert instruction by quilting artist Sue Nickels
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sewing machine
- open toe darning foot
- Bernina stitch regulator (optional)
- rubber glove finger tips
- straight stitch throat plate
- curve tipped scissors
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.