Intermediate | 1 hour 32 min
Crocheted Abominable SnowmanTwinkie Chan
This adorable plush toy is anything but abominable. Crochet designer Twinkie Chan shows you how to work in the round with simple stitches to build your Yeti. You will also learn how to stuff him, whipstitch him together, and finally, how to create an optional Santa hat.
Crocheted Black CatTwinkie Chan
Learn how to make this spooky-sweet black cat with crochet designer, Twinkie Chan. You’ll learn how to work in the round using basic stitches, whipstitch everything together, and most importantly, embroider the face. This black cat is perfect for Halloween décor – or switch up the yarn colors and make it look just like your favorite kitty!
Knitted Puppy and KittyFancy Tiger
This sweet and simple class shows you how to stitch a tiny critter customizable to look like your favorite pet. Amber shows you how to make a knitted puppy, but with just a few adjustments, it’s easy to turn this critter into a kitty. Quick to knit and cute as can be, this adaptable pattern works with any gauge of yarn you have on hand. (Bonus points if you use yarn spun from your own pet.)
Crocheted UnicornTwinkie Chan
Have you ever dreamed of having a unicorn pal? Now you can create your very own magical pet. Crochet designer Twinkie Chan shows you how to make your unicorn with simple crochet stitches, then how to assemble it by stuffing and whipstitching the pieces together. Finally, you will use a simple latch-hook method to add a colorful mane and tail.
Knitted RobinMegan Kreiner
Learn how to knit this adorable English robin, complete with a cherubic little body, wings, tail, and pointy beak. This red-breasted bird is knitted in pieces and comes together quickly. Megan Kreiner not only shows you how to knit the bird, but also demonstrates how to assemble all of the bits and pieces and attach it to a twig.
Crocheted SlothTwinkie Chan
Crochet designer Twinkie Chan teaches you how to use simple crochet stitches to create your very own loveable, huggable sloth pal. Every bit of this toy is worked in the round, and Twinkie demonstrates how to whipstitch it all together and hand-sew a super cute face. Folow along with her comprehensive crochet pattern and learn how to stuff the toy as you go, so you’ll be snuggling your sloth in no time at all.
Knitted Polar BearMegan Kreiner
Learn how to knit this very hungry polar bear and his little fish friend with cute critter expert, Megan Kreiner. The bear and fish are made with chunky yarn, so the knitting is fast and easy. Megan shows you how to make every little bit of this 8-inch bear—from tousled head to whip-stitched toe—and also demonstrates how to stuff and assemble. Best of all, you'll learn how to add a safely secured magnet to both critters so the bear can carry the fish wherever he goes.
Learn how to knit this very hungry polar bear and his little fish friend with cute critter expert, Megan Kreiner. The bear and fish are made with chunky yarn, so the knitting is fast and easy. Megan shows you how to make every little bit of this 8-inch bear—from tousled head to whip-stitched toe—and also demonstrates how to stuff and assemble. Best of all, you'll learn how to add a safely secured magnet to both critters so the bear can carry the fish wherever he goes.Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chunky Weight KnitPicks Biggo Yarn: MC—Bare (approx 140 yds, 2 skeins), CCA—Asphalt Heather (approx 20 yds, 1 skein), CCB— Wonderland Heather (approx 40 yds, 1 skein)
- Size 10 (6 mm) DPNs or long circular needle (for magic loop)
- Tapestry needle
- 1 pair of 12 mm black plastic eyes with safety backings
- 18–20 mm earth magnet set or white/clear velcro
- Polyester Fiberfill Stuffing
- Fabric glue or sewing needle and thread
- Removable stitch markers
- Scrap of lightweight cotton fabric
- Make and install sew-in earth magnets
- Work circularly in the magic loop method
- Knit all of the bear body parts and a little fish
- Properly stuff the animal and hide yarn ends
- Assemble the bear and add cute facial details
- Step-by-step instructions from Megan Kreiner showing you how to knit this cute polar bear and his little fish friend
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and downloadable PDF pattern ($8 value)
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
32 users recommended this class to a friend
Megan gives clear instructions. The camera angle was great for seeing exactly how she did all the clever details of this design. Love the magnet idea!
More than 3 months ago
This toy is very cute and the step-by-step instructions in the class are clear and easy to follow. Thank you!
More than 3 months ago