Beginner | 15 min 45 sec
In this class, Alethea and Jill of Studio Choo show you how to make a festive holiday garland using seasonal greenery. The garland uses a branch as a base for a clean, modern take on holiday garlands. You'll see how to work with seasonal greenery including boxwood, cedar, wax flower, and seeded eucalyptus branches. A fragrant gardenia adds an unexpected touch of elegance. Throughout the class, Althea shares her philosophy for creating an organic design and teaches the basics of wire wrapping in order to make a sturdy, long-lasting garland, perfect for hanging on the wall or using as a tabletop centerpiece.
Learn how to:
- Use the Studio Choo philosophy for combining materials organically
- Prepare stems for adding to an arrangement
- Create a packet of branches
- Use floral wire-wrapping basics
- An easy-to-follow class on how to make a winter garland
- 4 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from the instructors of Studio Choo
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- various flowers and greenery (like wax flower - seeded eucalyptus - gardenia blossoms - boxwood and cedar)
- heavy gauge pruning shears
- small floral snips
- 26 gauge paddle wire
- medium gauge floral wire
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.