Advanced | 16 min 22 sec
These embroidered napkins serve as a sentimental record of everyone who has gathered around your table for special meals and holidays. Rebecca shows you what kind of tools to use to gather signatures, and how to embroider those signatures or drawings onto napkins so they can be washed and used and cherished for years to come.
Learn how to:
What you’ll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cotton or linen napkins
- gel pen
- flower thread or embroidery floss
- embroidery needles
- thimble or rubber paper sorter
- iron and ironing board
- Gather signatures
- Embroider signatures or drawings onto fabric
- Make your project last for years to come
What you’ll get:
- An easy-to-follow lesson on how to make embroidered heirloom napkins
- 3 HD video lesson you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Itemized supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by Rebecca Ringquist
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
339 users recommended this class to a friend
I haven't tried it yet, but I love this idea. The explanation and demonstration was very well done and the finished napkins were beautiful.
This was very interesting. I have never heard of Heirloom napkins. I have made one of the quilts, she was talking about. It was a rail fence design and we sold rails of the fence for $5.00 and they wrote their names on it. Then I embroidery their names and made the wall quilt. It was for a lift for our medical center here in Millbrook, Ontario. I have also heard of heirloom table clothes and I have always wanted to start one. But that is one of those, "I will do that someday:. I enjoyed her instructions very much and I wll tell my friend who is just getting into embroidery. I know she will enjoy your instruction. Thank you so much.
I was hoping for making the napkins as well as the signature part. But it was still good.
February 10, 2023