Intermediate | 1 hour
Learn the classic art of hand smocking as you make a beautifully textured statement necklace. The scale of this project makes a perfect introduction to this rewarding technique. The overall effect is clean and symmetrical – while also organic and dramatic.
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- gingham fabric for practice
- lightweight fabric for actual necklace (lighter than quilting cotton)
- coordinating thread
- contrasting thread for pleats
- hand quilting thread
- embroidery needle
- embroidery floss in contrasting color to fabric
- seed beads (optional)
- small ruler
- embroidery snips
- fabric scissors
- fabric marker or chalk
- ribbon or jewelry chain with clasp
- wire cutter
- sewing pins
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.