Intermediate | 28 min 59 sec
Wendy shows knitters a quick and easy way to whip up a personalized sweater for your dog using two knitted rectangles. Using nothing more than your dog’s measurements and a gauge swatch, you’ll do a little math and then start casting on. This class is a perfect stash-buster — simply use yarns in a similar gauge to make a fun, striped motif. The sweater can be customized for any size dog by adjusting the number of cast on stitches and the quantity of yarn.
Learn how to:
- Take your dog’s measurements
- Write a customized pattern
- Knit the sweater pieces
- Seam the sweater with mattress stitch
- Pick up stitches and work collar
- Detailed class by expert knitwear designer Wendy Bernard on making a cozy knitted dog sweater
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Step-by-step instruction and a detailed supply list
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- Worsted-weight superwash yarn such as Ewe Ewe Wooly. Wendy uses 2 skeins for a small dog (approximately 200 yards). Adjust yardage depending on size of dog.
- Double-pointed needles in size to match desired gauge (Wendy uses size US 6)
- Straight or circular needles in size to match desired gauge (Wendy uses size US 6)
- Tape measure
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.