Intermediate | 28 min 59 sec
Wendy shows knitters a quick and easy way to whip up a personalized sweater for your dog using two knitted rectangles. Using nothing more than your dog’s measurements and a gauge swatch, you’ll do a little math and then start casting on. This class is a perfect stash-buster — simply use yarns in a similar gauge to make a fun, striped motif. The sweater can be customized for any size dog by adjusting the number of cast on stitches and the quantity of yarn.Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- Worsted-weight superwash yarn such as Ewe Ewe Wooly. Wendy uses 2 skeins for a small dog (approximately 200 yards). Adjust yardage depending on size of dog.
- Double-pointed needles in size to match desired gauge (Wendy uses size US 6)
- Straight or circular needles in size to match desired gauge (Wendy uses size US 6)
- Tape measure
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers
- Take your dog’s measurements
- Write a customized pattern
- Knit the sweater pieces
- Seam the sweater with mattress stitch
- Pick up stitches and work collar
- Detailed class by expert knitwear designer Wendy Bernard on making a cozy knitted dog sweater
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Step-by-step instruction and a detailed supply list
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Knit a Custom-Fit Dog Sweater Reviews
126 users recommended this class to a friend
I didn't have all the materials I need it was great other than it didn't teach you how to do what she was doing! I made a Bow crocheting and I will put it on my dog's collar!
December 19, 2023
I learn so much . The measurements to what you need to knit has always confused me but I think if I use your template. I will get it. Thank you.
More than 3 months ago