All levels | 23 min 46 sec
Learn how to create a luxurious, chunky knit cowl on a rectangular knitting loom. Michele Muska shows you how to create cozy double Stockinette stitch fabric, then finish it off with a button closure. There are many variations you can make with this deceptively simple knitting tool, and you and your family and friends are guaranteed to love them all.
Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Approximately 1 hank (90 yards) super bulky yarn (Michele uses Malabrigo Rasta, a kettle-dyed pure Merino wool)
- Small piece contrast color waste yarn
- Rectangular 12-peg Boye loom
- Tapestry needle
- Crochet hook size US I, J or H
- Boye loom hook
- 1 large button or 3 small buttons
- Small piece felt (if using a button)
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- Cast onto a rectangular loom
- Knit in double Stockinette stitch
- Create a button loop with a crochet chain
- Sew a button onto knitting securely
- Create a label identifying the project and materials used
- Detailed lesson on how to create a knit cowl on a rectangular knitting loom
- 3 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Michelle Muska
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Loom Knitting: Make a Cowl Reviews
157 users recommended this class to a friend
The teacher's soft smooth voice made this enjoyable and easy to watch and understand. Once I find where I put my small loom (lol) I will definitely make one.
January 20, 2024
Loved this was so straight forward and I could see exactly what she was teaching. I'm going to buy a loom. These cowls are pretty.
More than 3 months ago