Intermediate | 46 min
Colorful quilter Tara Faughnan shares her technique for piecing geometric quilts with freezer paper templates. This technique creates super precise points and makes piecing a breeze – and best of all, the templates can be used over and over again. Along the way, Tara shares her knowledge of choosing fabrics based on color value and interaction, and then goes on to show how to create your own templates. After that, it’s time to piece! Tara demonstrates how to make a diamond-themed mini quilt, but this technique can be applied to quilts of all shapes and sizes.
What you’ll get:
Learn how to:
- Determine value when choosing colors
- Create freezer paper templates
- Safely remove freezer paper from fabric
- Piece mini quilt
What you’ll get:
- A detailed class on how to piece a mini quilt using freezer paper templates.
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Tara Faughnan
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sewing machine
- Rotary cutter and cutting mat
- Acrylic ruler
- Fabric scissors
- Freezer paper
- Pencil and eraser
- Sketch pad or graph paper
- Assorted fabric scraps in colors you love with a variety of light and dark options
- Iron and ironing surface
- Design board -Tara uses foam core board wrapped in felt (optional)
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.