Intermediate | 1 hour 10 min
The flying geese pattern is a perennial quilt design favorite and that never goes out of style. Learn how to paper piece circular flying geese with award-winning quilter Sarah Bond. You'll get a lot of practice sewing large and small curves while completing a complex mini-quilt. It's composed of four identically sewn quadrants and measures up to 24 inches square. You can also use these components to design a larger quilt by combining them with other elements or negative space. Sarah loves traditional quilt forms and giving them a more modern spin. These geese may look small - but they are big fun!Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Scraps of cotton or cotton blend fabric for the geese
- Background fabric - 1/4 - 1/2 yard
- Rotary cutter and cutting mat
- Sewing machine with neutral thread
- Seam ripper
- Iron and ironing surface
- Quilting rulers
- Finger-pressing tool - Sarah uses a plastic bottle cap
- Sew a mini quilt with circular flying geese
- Foundation paper piece
- Plan colors and compose your block
- Sew on large and small curves
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Release the Geese Mini Quilt Top Reviews
35 users recommended this class to a friend
Clear instructions and camera views. Multiple approaches to completing a variety of options. Allows a person's creativity to flow.
September 26, 2023
Love this instructor... sweetest energy. Love to see more craft projects for teens.
September 15, 2023