Intermediate | 1 hour
For the uninitiated, figure drawing can seem like a challenging skill to build. When broken down into simple steps, however, developing competency is a matter of practice and perspective. Skilled draftsman and art tutor David Tenorio walks you through the basic steps of finding the gesture of a pose, identifying the moving parts, and finding proportion and volume to complete your figure. From sharpening your drawing to finishing a complete study, this class will give you the skills to draw human figures both from images and from life. Class includes a PDF download with a variety of human modeling poses so you can draw along with David while he teaches.
What You’ll Get:
Learn how to:
- Sharpen a charcoal pencil
- Find the gesture of a pose
- Identify the moving parts
- Visualize proportion
What You’ll Get:
- A comprehensive life drawing course, focused on drawing human figures from several perspectives.
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- Downloadable PDF with photographs of human poses
- Step-by-step expert instruction from expert artist, David Tenorio
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Newsprint pad
- 2B charcoal pencils or vine charcoal
- Kneaded eraser
- White eraser
- X-Acto Knife or Box cutter
- Sanding block (optional)
- Paper towel or cotton pad
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.