Beginner | 33 min
Anna Maria Horner is a master with color. In this class, she shows you how to switch up traditional color conventions in order to develop your own stunning palettes. Beginning with a traditional color wheel, Anna demonstrates how each color interacts with one another depending on its position in the wheel. Then, using paint chips, she walks you through a color swap exercise where you will learn how to mix and match hues. Anna explains how to apply this information to printed fabrics, demonstrating how scale and proportion can be used to create new and interesting patchwork combinations. This class is ideal for anyone who wants to understand how to work intuitively with color and print.
Learn how to:
- Understand a color wheel and categorize color
- Translate color into printed fabric
- Work with color to create palettes
- Build a personal color palette
- Work with color to create dynamic compositions in patchwork
- Learn how to understand how to work intuitively with color and print by creating an interesting patchwork combinations
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from designer Anna Maria Horner
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Favorite fabric swatches in a variety of color ways (scraps, fat quarters, or yardage will work for reference)
- Paint chips in a variety of shades for primary and secondary colors (red, yellow, blue, green, orange, purple) -- about 8-10 paint chip shades for each color
- Basic color wheel (Anna suggests purchasing one from an art store rather than printing one from the internet to ensure the color is accurate.)
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.