Beginner | 24 min
Learn how to build a color story for your next patchwork project with modern quilter, Heather Jones. This course begins with a basic overview of the color wheel and how quilter’s can use it to understand the interaction of colors in patchwork– a particularly helpful skill when you’re trying to pair prints with solids. Heather also teaches fun exercises for getting outside of your comfort zone, and suggests fascinating sources for further research.
Learn how to:
- The basics of the color wheel
- The meaning of terms like “hue,” “intensity,” “tint,” and “shade”
- How different colors behave when they are next to each other in patchwork
- Ideas for further research
- Exercises for creating color palettes using everyday items
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Heather Jones on color theory
- 4 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and downloadable PDF included
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.