All levels | 24 min 58 sec
Quilting has a vocabulary unto itself. In this workshop, Liza deconstructs quilt construction and its vernacular – explaining patches, blocks, batting, sashing, binding, borders, quilting and more. This is a beautiful show and tell of different quilt traditions and techniques – from antique log cabin and crazy quilts to applique, string piecing and paper piecing quilts. Throughout, Liza emphasizes the “make-do” tradition of quilting with a warmth and reverence that inspires.
Learn how to:
- Recognizing quilt construction and vocabulary
- Traditional patchwork, piecing and applique examples
- An easy-to-follow lesson on the fundamentals of quilting
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert quilter Liza Lucy
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Anatomy of a Quilt Reviews
601 users recommended this class to a friend
Martha Dianne Sperry
A number of beautiful quilts were presented - the class has inspired me to want to start quilting, again. I'm lookig forward to the additional Journey classes.
1 day ago
I loved the history in this class! It was so interesting to see all the different ways to make quilts!
July 2, 2023