Intermediate | 2 hours
Do you dream of turning your creative skills into a creative business? Not sure where to begin? This 5-part original series will start you on your path, covering everything you need to know to discover, build, and elevate your creative brand. Each episode features straight talk with creative rockstars including artist and illustrator Lisa Congdon, Christine Schmidt from Yellow Owl Workshop, fabric designer Heather Ross, Liesl and Todd Gibson of Oliver + S Sewing Patterns, and craft book publisher Melanie Falick. Each week, these inspiring creative mentors will cover a fundamental aspect of being a creative business owner: Identifying Your Brand, Business Nuts and Bolts, Licensing Artwork and Fabric, How to Publish a Book, and Maintaining Work-Life Balance. In addition to hours of valuable advice, this class comes with a 100-page PDF download filled with expert tips, bonus interviews and worksheets.
What you'll get:
Learn how to:
- Create your brand identity
- Work on a business plan
- Understand business finances
- Grow your business over time
- Understand the pros and cons of licensing artwork
- Approach editors and submit book proposals
- Balance life and work
What you'll get:
- A high-quality e-course with hours of advice from professionals on how to launch your creative business.
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- A 100-page PDF course hand-out, with tips, samples, interviews, worksheets, and web references
- Step-by-step expert instruction from craft industry professionals: Lisa Congdon, Christine Schmidt, Heather Ross, Liesl Gibson and Melanie Falick
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments