Beginner | 14 min
Courtney shows you how to make a personalized gemstone paperweight - which is the perfect desktop accessory and an adorable public display of affection. These cute little trinkets are made from a kids polymer clay, which is easy to roll, sculpt, and then stamp with a sweet message. After being baked in the oven, they become hard as rocks (or, rather, gemstones). Courtney then shows you how to finish them off with a coat of gold spray paint for a sophisticated look.
Learn how to:
- Carve facets into polymer clay
- Stamp into polymer clay
- Bake polymer clay in the oven
- Spray paint baked gemstone
- An easy-to-follow class on how to make a personalized gemstone paperweight
- 3 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert instructor and artist Courtney Cerruti
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- Sculpy clay in colors of your choice
- Cutting board
- Paring knife or craft knife
- Metallic gold spray paint and latex gloves
- Masking tape
- Small metal alphabet stamps (optional)
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.