All levels | 10 min 5 sec
This Valentine’s Day, spell out any message you like with customized yarn-wrapped wire words. Courtney teaches a fun technique for wrapping pipe cleaners with chunky yarn, and then uses a template to shape them into connected cursive words. After all, nothing says I love you (literally) like these yarn-wrapped messages.Learn how to:
What you’ll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- Chunky yarn
- Pipe cleaners in coordinating color
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Connect pipe cleaners
- Wrap yarn around pipe cleaners
- Shape pipe cleaners into cursive words
What you’ll get:
- How to make words using pipe cleaners and yarn
- 3 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert instructor Courtney Cerruti
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Make Valentine's Day Yarn-Wrapped Wire Words Reviews
149 users recommended this class to a friend
This is an interesting idea, but I think it is limited in how it can be used. The looseness of the letters would make it difficult to use or attach to anything without it losing its shape. ***Suggestion: Maybe if were looped around at each letter or direction change it would stiffen up and hold its shape better.
January 14, 2024
I liked how the project turned out. The finished word is floppy, so it does need to be attached to something like a wreath or a gift box. It is nice way to use up scrap yarn.
More than 3 months ago