Intermediate | 38 min
Add an element of handwork and romanticism to store-bought clothing with this needlepoint project. Anna introduces you to waste canvas, a fabric that allows you to add a design to any clothing or material. This technique will have you seeing the potential for embellishing all kinds of clothing and materials, especially in this juicy color palette.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Materials: 8.5 count waste canvas
- wool tapestry yarn (Anna Maria used her own line of Anchor Tapestry Wool in palettes ‘Particularly Perfect’ and ‘Luscious Leaves’
- Stitched Rose pattern PDF
- straight pins
- hand sewing needle and thread
- fabric scissors
- garment of your choice (Anna Maria uses a simple jersey knit t-shirt)
- quilting ruler
- or cardboard to separate garment layers
- iron and plush towel
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
ADD YOUR IMAGE
Your timecode tags and notes for this section