Intermediate | 20 min
This bowl has a beautiful sculptural quality that belies its base material of plain rope. You’ll start by creating a flat base and then add graceful contours that make the project feel more like ceramics than sewing. As Nicole shows, you decide what its shape and size will be. This is a simple yet tactile project inspired in part by the clean, minimal aesthetic of Doug Johnston’s beautiful work. *Projects made using this tutorial are intended for personal use only.
Learn how to:
- Sewing rope with zig-zag stitch
- Creating contours of bowl
- An easy-to-follow lesson on how to make a stitched rope basket
- 3 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert instructor Nicole Blum
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- 100 feet of 1/4” 2 ply or braided cotton rope
- spool and full bobbin of contrasting color thread
- spool and full bobbin of rope colored thread
- needle and thread
- sewing machine with a zig zag stitch
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.