Intermediate | 1 hour
Deb Kreiling is the design development director for Simplicity Patterns, and in this masterful course, she tackles one of the most challenging garments: Pants. Using the Simplicity Amazing Fit Pant pattern, Deb shows you step by step how to sew a pair of pants that will fit any shape and size. Learn crucial elements like how to sew waistbands, pockets, zippers and hems, plus Deb’s tips and tricks from her 40+ years at Simplicity, including what fabrics work best for trousers and how to baste and fine-tune fit. Tackling a pant pattern may seem like a tall order, but with Deb in your sewing studio walking you through each stitch, this pattern will come together with ease.
What you’ll get:
Learn how to:
- Follow a Simplicity Amazing Fit pattern
- Pick and adjust size
- Sew a zippered fly
- Sew a fitted waistband
- Baste and fine-tune fit garment
- Hem pant legs
What you’ll get:
- A hands-on course showing how to sew a perfectly fitting pair of pants.
- 9 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and pattern references
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Deborah Kreiling, the Design Development Director of Simplicity Pattern Company
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Simplicity Pattern 8056, AA for sizes 10 – 18 and BB for 20W – 28W - Use promo code CBUG218 at checkout to receive 50% off the pattern featured in the class!
- Fabric in lightweight denim, wool, linen blend or heavy cotton (see pattern for full fabric list and yardage)
- Lining fabric in cotton weight
- Iron-on Interfacing
- Fabric scissors
- Paper scissors
- Tape measure
- Seam stick (optional)
- ¼” double fold bias tape (optional)
- Hand sewing needles
- Matching thread
- Contrasting thread
- Seam ripper
- Marking pens
- Buttons or hook attachment for inside of fly
- 7” zipper
- Sewing machine
- Iron and ironing surface
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.