Beginner | 21 min
“Reinventor” Maya Donenfeld shows you how to give new life to recycled coffee sacks by turning them into sweet gift bags. Using eco-friendly burlap, you’ll learn how to make two types of bags: a frayed sack with woven yarn detail and a tote bag with boxed corners and handles. Maya also gives tips for complementing your burlap with gift tags and greenery.
Learn how to:
- Deconstruct a coffee sack
- Create a frayed edge
- Construct small sack and finish edges
- Box corners of tote bag
- Sew a doubled hem
- Add handles
- Wrap gifts with tissue, tags and greenery
- Instruction on how to turn recycled coffee sacks into gift bags
- 3 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Maya Donenfeld
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other instructors
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 pieces of burlap, each measuring 9” x 14"
- 1 large piece of burlap, measuring 23” x 11"
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting mat
- Acrylic ruler
- Sewing machine
- Coordinating thread
- Extra needles for sewing machine
- Colored yarn
- Tapestry or yarn needle
- Jute twine
- Gift tag
- “Bits from nature” like pinecones, Evergreen branches, rosemary, etc.
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.