Beginner | 28 min 43 sec
Salt dough ornaments have a rustic elegance and can easily be made with common kitchen ingredients. Courtney Cerruti teaches you her favorite recipe for this perfect holiday home activity. These simple "cookie" ornaments can be hung on the tree, strung together with greens for a mantle display, used on a wreath or placed atop a package. Leave them plain for a homespun look, or decorate with paint for a customized palette.
Learn how to:
- Make ornaments with salt dough
- Roll out dough and cut it with templates and/or cookie cutters
- Bake or air dry the ornaments thoroughly
- Use a paper clip to make a loop hanger
- Decorate the ornaments with watercolor and acrylic paint
Here’s what you’ll need:
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.