Beginner | 25 min
Learn how to make a reversible, floppy sun hat—the perfect addition to your summer wardrobe. Ashley Nickels will show you how to measure your head to determine your hat size and how to increase or decrease the length of the brim to make it totally customizable. Best of all, this sun hat can be made with your two favorite fabrics since it’s fully reversible. This class is great for new sewers and for anyone who needs a stylish hat to wear under the warm, summer sun.
Learn how to:What you’ll get:
- Learn how to work with exterior and interior fabric by making a reversible, floppy sun hat
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and downloadable PDF pattern ($8 value)
- Step-by-step expert instruction from modern quilter Ashley Nickels
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- ¾ yard exterior fabric (Ashley uses a Chambray)
- ¾ yard interior fabric (Ashley uses a cotton-linen blend)
- 2 yards fusible interfacing
- Iron and ironing surface
- Sharpie (thin point)
- Snips or small
- sharp scissors
- Measuring tape
- Drafting interfacing or tracing paper (optional)
- Sewing machine
- ¼ inch presser foot (optional)
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.