All levels | 23 min 41 sec
Most sewing machines come with a collection of different presser feet, which can be intimidating and confusing for beginner sewists. Fiber artist and quilter Natalie Ebaugh demystifies these little metal bits and shows you what different feet can do and when you want to use them. Once you learn some presser foot basics, you'll realize how fabulous they are and how they can make your sewing projects go more quickly and easily.Learn how to:
What you'll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Edge stitch foot
- Blind hem foot
- Overlock foot
- Button hole and button foot 9 (plus buttons and seam ripper)
- Invisible zipper foot
- Walking foot
- 1/4 inch foot and seam guide
- Open embroidery foot
- Gathering foot
- Sewing machine and thread
- Scrap fabric
- Scissors or snips
- Use the following presser feet: edge stitch, blind hem, overlock, invisible zipper, button hole and button sew-on, walking, 1/4 inch with seam guide, open embroidery, gathering
What you'll get:
- Instructions on how to use different presser feet on your sewing machine
- HD video lesson you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Natalie Ebaugh
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Presser Feet 101 Reviews
198 users recommended this class to a friend
Great Class* The Sewing Feet that were demonstrated really shows how they make sewing easier & more fun.
1 day ago
Maybe possibly show these examples on a beginner machine. I probably won't have a touch screen on mines or an electronic way to measure my buttons. I just think that would make it a little more relatable. Other than that, this was an excellent video and I thank you so much for sharing this information.
January 28, 2024
This was too specific for a specific machine that most beginners will not have.
January 15, 2024