Beginner | 6 min 4 sec
Instead of using black paint right out of the tube, learn how to mix your own by combining dark brown and dark blue acrylic paints. Lisa Solomon demonstrates how the addition of other colors can create warm and cool tones in your black mixture, adding extra depth to your paintings.
Learn how to:
- Mix your own by combining dark brown and dark blue acrylic paints
- Create warm and cool tones in your black mixture
- Add extra depth to your paintings
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Lisa Solomon on mixing black in acrylic paint
- A quick video lesson you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Acrylic paints in Thalo Blue or Ultramarine Blue, Thio Violet, Burnt Umber Brown, Cadmium Red Light Hue and Thalo Green (Lisa uses the Grumbacher Academy 10 Color Acrylics Set)
- Palette for mixing
- Strathmore Canvas Paper (or surface of your choosing)
- Variety of acrylic brushes
- Matte medium
- Plastic palette knives
- Jar of water
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.