All levels | 23 min 34 sec
Modern macramé artist, Emily Katz, teaches how to make her signature bohemian wall hanging. This artwork is built upon a piece of found driftwood, and uses thick cotton rope and one simple knot to create an overall pattern. Throughout the class, Emily shares ideas for adjusting the repeated pattern and the size of the piece to create a custom wall hanging, perfect for you and your space.Learn how to:
What you’ll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- 3’ piece of driftwood (or use a copper rod or dowel)
- 75 yards of 3/16” (about 5mm) white cotton rope
- Black RIT Dye
- Cut the rope evenly
- Attach rope to driftwood
- Tie square knots
- Create a repeating macramé pattern
- Create your own wall hanging design
What you’ll get:
- In depth class on how to create a bohemian wall hanging.
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert instructor Emily Katz
- The ability to leave comments, ask question and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
257 users recommended this class to a friend
Very good instructions. Emily takes the time to explain each step as she is doing it. The only slight confusion was when she said to repeat the previous honeycomb pattern design. Although, at that point it was very easy to look at her design and be able to follow what you needed to do. I am going to do this project again with a group of friends/family. Fun Girls Craft Day idea!
February 13, 2023