Beginner | 11 min
Treasure is the owner of Nikki&Mallory which specializes in artisan-made leather handbags, accessories, and home décor - plus, she has impeccable style. In her day-to-day life as a designer, she often prefers to skip a bulky purse and carry a slim cell phone bag instead. In this class, she shows you how to make your own bohemian-inspired leather cell phone bag. It can accommodate phones of all sizes, and it has a convenient shoulder strap and front pocket. From sourcing leather, cutting it, to stitching it all together on a home sewing machine, Treasure breaks down each step, making this the perfect project for the beginner leatherworker.
What you’ll get:
Learn how to:
- Make a leather cell phone bag with a pocket
- Cut leather pieces using a paper template
- Secure leather pieces together before sewing
- Sew leather on a home sewing machine
- Add a shoulder strap and tabs
What you’ll get:
- An easy-to-follow class on how to make a sleek cell phone bag
- 3 HD video lesson you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert bagmaker Treasure of Nikki&Mallory
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 14" x 14" piece of 2-3 oz pebble veg tanned leather
- 36"- 45" length of pre-made 6mm leather cording for the strap
- Rotary cutter & cutting mat
- Pen or pencil
- 1/4" double-sided tape for leather
- Sewing machine with a leather needle & coordinating polyester (strong hold) thread
- Brass clips
- Utility knife
- Leather can be purchased at WeaverLeather.com, Wicket-Craig.com, and RMLeatherSupply.com. Alternatively, you can use faux leather/polyurethane(PU) or vegan leather.
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.