Weaving is distilled down into its most basic elements in this class, so kids will learn and find satisfaction in the tactile, repetitive nature of "over, under, over, under." With a no-fuss portable loom and scraps of bright yarn, kids will create wall hangings, necklaces and cuffs.Learn how to:
What you’ll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- plastic or tapestry needle (with large eye)
- leather cord or button if making jewelry
- Teach kids the basics of weaving
- Teach kids how to create projects on a portable loom
What you’ll get:
- An easy-to-follow lesson on teaching kids the basics of weaving
- 4 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from expert instructor Kelly Wilkinson
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
View More Comments
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
296 users recommended this class to a friend
Thank you! So much fun & simple enough for some younger kids. I'm hosting a family program at the library & this is perfect for children to learn some basic weaving.
October 28, 2022
Very cute & versatile. I homeschool 3 boys. My youngest is 7, middle son is 11, & oldest is 12yrs old. I bought some cool colors of yarn & they had a lot of fun. They each made completely different pieces, but all equally proud of their final projects. There’s nothing like seeing those smiles on their faces & seeing them engaged in activities away from tablets & video games. Thanks for sharing.
More than 3 months ago