Intermediate | 1 hour
Prepare to be wowed by the exciting structures taught by book binder, Faith Hale, including flag books, floating panel books, and storage books. These innovative structures spark the imagination and stretch the possibilities of what we think a book can be. This class is perfect for any paper arts appreciator who wants to learn some new tricks. All three structures can be easily completed using basic bookbinding tools and papers.
What you’ll get:
Learn how to:
- Cover book boards with paper
- Punch with a template
- Create accordion fold spines
- Paint and fold Tyvek
- Make a storage book, flag book, and floating panel book
What you’ll get:
- Instruction on how to make books with exciting structures, like floating panel books, flag books, and storage books.
- 7 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list for easy shopping
- Step-by-step expert instruction from bookbinder, Faith Hale
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:2 metal rulers – one small and one large
Pin tool or awl
Paintbrush for decorative painting
Tombow Mono Adhesive tape runner or double-sided tape
Acrylic ink in colors of your choice
1.5" punch (optional)
Weights and boards for drying pages flat
- 2 pieces bookboard - 4 ¼” x 6 1/4” grain long
- 2 pieces decorative paper - 5 1/4" x 7 1/4" grain long
- 2 pieces text weight paper - 4" x 6" grain long
- FOR PANEL BOOK
Bristol paper - 6" x 22" grain short
Text-weight paper - 3" x 12" (or four pieces of paper 3" x 3")
FOR FLAG BOOK
Tyvek - 11" x 6"
3 colors of cardstock – you will need 7 pieces per color, each measuring 4" x 1 15/16"
PDF with punching template
Sumi ink and big paintbrush
FOR STORAGE BOOK
7 pieces of heavy or Bristol paper – 6" x 8"
- Tracing paper or acetate
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.