Beginner | 23 min 12 sec
Create this special piece of artwork as a reminder to yourself that you are beautiful, inside and out. Using pieces of painted and vintage paper, artist and designer Dawn M. Cardona leads you through the magical experience of capturing your essence on paper. She encourages you to either use the template included or freehand cut pieces to represent your unique appearance and then celebrate yourself for who you are with messages of love, empathy, and kindness. As you create this project, you’re reflect on and conjure up precisely what makes you uniquely, beautifully you.
What you'll get:
Learn how to:
- Make a personalized paper portrait
- Cut out small paper details
- Attach small paper details with glue
What you'll get:
- Video lessons on how to make a custom illustrated portrait using cut paper
- 3 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and PDF template
- Step-by-step expert instruction from illustrator Dawn M. Cardona
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Downloaded PDF template
- Cutting mat
- Craft knife
- Media of choice, such as crayons, colored pencils, markers, gouache, etc.
- Variety of papers, such as cardstock, vintage and painted paper, etc. (see Dawn's Make Painted Papers for Art Making class)
- Bristol paper (8” x 10”) as your canvas
- PVA glue
- Craft needle
- Hole punch (optional)
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.