Beginner | 23 min 12 sec
Create this special piece of artwork as a reminder to yourself that you are beautiful, inside and out. Using pieces of painted and vintage paper, artist and designer Dawn M. Cardona leads you through the magical experience of capturing your essence on paper. She encourages you to either use the template included or freehand cut pieces to represent your unique appearance and then celebrate yourself for who you are with messages of love, empathy, and kindness. As you create this project, you’re reflect on and conjure up precisely what makes you uniquely, beautifully you.Learn how to:
What you'll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Downloaded PDF template
- Cutting mat
- Craft knife
- Media of choice, such as crayons, colored pencils, markers, gouache, etc.
- Variety of papers, such as cardstock, vintage and painted paper, etc. (see Dawn's Make Painted Papers for Art Making class)
- Bristol paper (8” x 10”) as your canvas
- PVA glue
- Craft needle
- Hole punch (optional)
- Make a personalized paper portrait
- Cut out small paper details
- Attach small paper details with glue
What you'll get:
- Video lessons on how to make a custom illustrated portrait using cut paper
- 3 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and PDF template
- Step-by-step expert instruction from illustrator Dawn M. Cardona
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
76 users recommended this class to a friend
Jennifer W. Hogan
Great step by step walk through of this project! The template is really helpful. All of the instructions were clear and easy to follow. The project is a thoughtful and clever one. This was so engaging to watch!
6 hours ago
Cynthia Van Order
I just wrote a list of ten positive things about myself to help improve self-love. This project would be the perfect way to take that to the next level!
December 17, 2022