Intermediate | 38 min
In this class, Alison shares two hand-stitched projects—a sweet stuffed chick and a companion Easter basket. The egg-shaped chicks are a cinch to stitch and stuff, and the basket comes together with just a few rows of sewing. Whip up a batch in neutral colors and display them in an egg carton for whimsical Easter décor. Or fill the Easter baskets with pastel colored chicks and candy for a classic Easter presentation.
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- 100% Wool Felt (6” x 6” piece in yellow; 8 1/2” x 8 1/2” piece in light green; 11” x 2” piece in moss green; and a scrap of orange)
- Stuffing (Polyfil or natural)
- Templates printed or traced onto heavy card stock
- Clear gridded rulers (6” x 1” and 24” x 6”)
- Rotary cutter
- Fabric scissors
- Paper scissors
- Xacto knife
- Embroidery floss in yellow/dark green/dark brown
- Hand sewing needle (size 5 sharps)
- Cutting mat
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.