Intermediate | 19 min
Learn how to turn sentimental or special fabric into custom book cloth for your handmade books. Jody explains which fabrics work best, and shows the traditional Japanese technique of backing fabric with washi paper to create a durable book cloth that can be used to create hardcover books and personalize your book projects.
Learn how to:
- Choose fabrics to use for book cloth
- Back fabric with washi paper
- Dry and cut book cloth
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fabric scissors
- Craft knife
- Glue brush
- Shoe polish brush
- Fabric of choice (at least 50% natural fiber)
- Piece of cardboard larger than your project
- Japanese washi paper (thin paper with long fibers)
- Piece of plexi glass larger than your project
- Wheat paste
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.